Well, the year is rapidly coming to a close. I can’t believe it. Seriously, where does the time go? I long for the days when I was a kid and time took forever to pass. But I guess if I can’t get that back, I can at least look at where I’ve been thus far this year “goals-wise.” If you all recall (and if not), I set some goals for 2012. Now’s a good time to check in as I may have some time to quickly check things off if I hop to it. So, here we go…
1. Finish a Half Ironman Distance triathlon. – CHECK! This race did not go as I had hoped, but I am still wickedly proud of it. I’ve already set my sights on my next Half-Iron distance and I hope to really see some improvement. Tinman was for finishing. 2013 will see better than just a finish line crossing.
2. Speedwork. I’ve just started in the last two months to incorporate a speed work out each week. I’m hoping to keep this up so that I start the summer season of 2013 at the top of my game.
3. Run a 25:00 minute or faster 5K and a two-hour half marathon. Big fat fail. I sorta took a hiatus from training hard and rather than working on getting better I worked on just getting through some workouts. Let me tell you right here and right now that 2013 will not be this way. 2013 is the year of the PR and the year of working for it.
4. Start and Finish the 100 Pushup challenge. Also a fail. Started the challenge a couple of times, but never finished. However, I will say that I’m following another challenge for the month of December that involves 50 pushup and 5 minutes of planking every day and thus far I’m on that. So we’ll see!
5. Start Fueling My Body. I finally committed. I have recently eliminated meat from my diet for various reasons. In doing so I’ve really had to pay attention to what I am eating and making sure that I have the proper energy to do what I need to do. I’ve also changed some of my regular eating habits and started the arduous process of getting the scale to start going backwards. I’m hopeful that this alone will be as effective for me as all of the speedwork in the world.
6. Cook and grow more food! Check and fail. I have gotten way back into cooking. But my garden was a fail. Not sure why. It’s definitely a shady little piece of land, but I’m hopeful that I’ll figure it out for this coming summer.
7. Do one new thing each month with C-man. I think we’ve nailed this although we haven’t written them all down. We’ve spent a lot of time laughing and loving one another. That’s what counts at the end of the day.
8. Refind my routine. I’m still working on this, but I’m closer now than I was before. One day at a time. One foot in front of the other.
9. Like me, who I am and stop apologizing for it. I am an imperfect person. I have accepted it. I am learning from who I am and where I’ve been. I’m hopeful that this knowledge can take me to new and better place in the future.
10. Surround myself with only good people, good mojo and good things. Check.
So I guess at the end of of the day, or year in this case, I’ve done all right. I haven’t accomplished all of my goals, but that gives me a starting place for the coming year. I’m really hopeful that 2013 will be a new chapter. Time to lay old things to rest and let new things grow and blossom. Along with that, maybe meeting some goal, setting some PR’s and being the best Mama that I can be. That’s all I ask for. Too much?
How are you doing with your goals for 2012?