This past year has been A. Maze. Ing. I’m not exactly sure how to put such awesomeness into words. But if you can hang with me, I’m going to give it a try. For today, let’s just look at the year in posts.
In 2011 …………..
- I ran my first winter series race, 3.5 miles, on New Years Day with a couple of my favorite Running Peeps.
- My favorite little one turned three.
- I set a 4 mile PR at the Runnin’ of the Green.
- I trained for and completed a half marathon in Washington DC during the winter months. And I can proudly say that almost all of it was done outside in the snow, not on a treadmill.
- I acquired my new training companion, Scarlett.
- I celebrated being a running Mom!
- I ran 200 miles through the Catskills while completing Ragnar NY with 11 of my fav running people and our 2 vans.
- A-Sizzle and I rocked the Vermont City Marathon 2 person relay.
- I loved all of my running peeps!
- Ran my first Father’s Day 5K.
- Drove down to Minnewaska for a rainy summer solstice run with friends.
- Failed miserably at my first OWS (open water swim).
- Bought my first wetsuit to remedy the above problem with OWS!
- I completed my first sprint distance triathlon with my best buddy at the finish!
- I volunteered at Ironman Lake Placid. And it is still one of THE C.O.O.L.E.S.T. things I’ve witness. Awesome people, awesome day.
- I finished a tri with a smile at Crystal Lake.
- Rocked it and finished the Lake George Olympic Distance triathlon.
- Set a new Half Marathon PR at the Saratoga Palio Half.
- I learned to believe in myself!
- Turned a very young and vibrant 32 years old.
- Celebrated an awesome Thanksgiving and counted my own blessings.
- Trained for a winter marathon that I will complete in a little over a week.
- And soooooooooooooooooooo much more!
Wow! When I started thinking about the year in review I didn’t realize just how much I have accomplished. I can now see it in black and white. And again, I just simply say Wow! In truth I had forgotten about some of the things that are here.
It has been truly awesome. And while the races and events have been fantastic, what has been even better is the journey. The journey that has led me from where I began to where I am today. The training sessions, the miles logged, the venturing around with C-man, the plotting and scheming, the laughs with good friends and so much more. That’s what it’s really all about. It’s about the journey and the journey has been incredible for 2011. Thank you for reading along. And I promise that this journey has only just begun so stay tuned!